Indian Passport Renewal for Children in Qatar is a quite a simple process if done correctly. We found good information available at https://nricafe.com/renew-indian-passport-minor-children-qatar/
This post is complimentary to the above link as many of the information required was not available and left us confused.
Have more queries – Ask in Facebook Group When, Where and How in Doha – https://www.facebook.com/groups/579287658767294. We got all our queries answered by folks in this group. Very useful!
Step 1: Fill the form online at https://passport.gov.in/nri/. Some tips to fill the form are available in the screenshots below. Notes are provided for sections that could be misunderstood.
Step 2: Take a print out of the form and fill the remaining sections on the printed form
Step 3: Visit embassy, get token and await your turn
Step 4: Submit documents and pay the fee (184 + 8 = 192 Qatari Riyals )
Step 5: Collect the receipt. The date for availability of passport is printed on the receipt. It is usually in one week time.
Step 6: Collect passport from the Embassy on the date provided.
- Child’s Passport – Original + Copy
- Child Photo (2 copies – 2″ x 2″) – There are many places where you can take this. We took it in Carrefour – City Center.
- Both Parent’s Passport – Original + Copy
- Qatar ID of Child (Original + Copy)
- Parent’s Qatar ID (Original + Copy)
As per our experience the Parent’s Passport + Qatar ID originals were not verified.
- ICC does not accept passport application for minors. The applications needs to be submitted in the Embassy
- Embassy Timings for Passport Application – 8:15 AM to 11:30 AM (Sunday – Thursday).
- The embassy is air conditioned with enough waiting area.
- There is a copying facility available in the embassy but with long queues.
- Child is not expected to visit the embassy. It is a good practice to take the child along with you. In case you need to refill the form you need the child for the finger print.
- Either parent or both can visit the embassy for the application.
- Carry enough change for the fees, copying or using freelance services.
- We were worried about the long queues. However we went there at 9:00 AM and returned by 10:00 AM
- No signature/attestation required on the photocopies
- Stamp pad for fingerprint is available in the embassy. Sometime they are green in color not to worry, can still be used.
- There are always freelancers available around the embassy who can help fill the forms and get the necessary printouts for a low charge. We had to use them as despite all our efforts we made a lot of mistakes in filling the form.
PDF Page 1
PDF Page 2
PDF Page 3